Limit users traffic quota via radius

Anonymous anonymous at netpacket.it
Wed Sep 19 15:09:06 CEST 2007

Hi,

so basically all I need is a  RFC 3576-compliant radius server and the
correct vsa specific of cisco device?
What I do not understand is if :

)the radius check the quota (but how and how often?) and then push the
disconnect to the device, or
)the device, once the user is authenticathed, get a profile and then it
checks with an internal specific process (specified by a vsa), the
quota, with the action after the threshold.

I'm a bit confused, as snmp/script solution implies that a machine
should login/check the virtual interface status and then issue a command
like "shutdown" correct?
Is thi the only way to accomplish a QoS task!?

Thanks for your help,

Massimiliano