about FreeRADIUS password encrypt

tnt at kalik.co.yu tnt at kalik.co.yu
Sat Sep 22 16:23:03 CEST 2007

That depends on authentication protocol you are using. If you are using
PAP there is no problem. Just replace Cleartext-Password with the
ecrypted one and appropriate attribute (Crypt-Password for crypt()
etc.). If you are using something like MSCHAP, then your options are
much more limited. You can only use NT-Password. Have a look at the
protocol/encryption table:

http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/compatibility.html

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika iSP