WPA-Enterprise with TTLS fails to authenticate (from Windows ok, but Linux fails).

Janusz Syrytczyk jsyrytczyk at uni.opole.pl
Mon Sep 24 13:08:12 CEST 2007

Monday 24 September 2007 12:38:28 A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk napisał(a):
> Hi,
>
> > network={
> >         ssid="eduroam"
> >         scan_ssid=1
> >         proto=WPA
> >         key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
> >         pairwise=TKIP
> >         eap=TTLS
> >         identity="jsyrytczyk at uni.opole.pl"
> >         password="mycorrectpassword"
> >         ca_cert="/etc/wpa_supplicant/ca.uni.opole.pl.pem"
> >         phase2="auth=PAP"
> > }
>
> depending on driver etc - i'd ditch the pairwise line, the
> rest of it looks sane. if it works with other platforms then
> it looks and smells like a wpa_supplicant / linux driver issue
>
> alan
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Pairwise=TKIP should be ok as it worked previously.

Well, I'm pretty positive that I haven't changed anything serious in my system
(I checked emerge history via genlop -l). Driver is zd1211rw which hasn't
been changed since its from kernel which I use one month or so.
Wpa_supplicant is the same.

I'm positive also that this worked one week ago, when I was responsible to
provide wifi all around my campus (I was running with this notebook checking
connectivity all around my a..).

So now I'm going insane because I'haven't touch enything and
Freeradius/wpa_supplicant just stopped working.

I would really like to know what those logs means?? why my pass is incorrect,
when it is both virtually and in windows too??

--
Syrytczyk Janusz - Administrator serwerów
Centrum Informatyczne Uniwersytetu Opolskiego
E-mail: jsyrytczyk at uni.opole.pl