Is it possible to add custom user attributes?

Terry Pelley Terry.Pelley at ocdsb.ca
Mon Sep 24 15:32:04 CEST 2007

writes:
>Terry Pelley wrote:
>> FreeRADIUS Version 1.1.3-r0.1.2 (Upgrade is Pending)
>>
>> Is there a way to add my own custom attributes to my users other that
>> simply putting a "#" in front of the line?

  >What do you mean by that?

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  What I am trying to do is add an
attribute that will allow me to append the Corporate Asset Tag on their PC
to the user.conf. The attribute does not need to be processed by
FreeRadius in any way. It is simply required to provide a little more
information about the user.

For the moment, I am accomplishing this in the following manner:

username Auth-Type :=Local, User-Password == "password"
	# Asset-Tag = "123456"

I would simply like to remove the # as it is only a matter of time before
someone forgets to put it and caused the server not to load.

I am assuming that I need to add an entry to the
dictionary.freeradius.internal file, but I am not sure where in the file
to do this. In other words, what range?
My assumption is that once I have added the attribute to the correct
numerical range in the dictionary, I will be able to remove the #
character from my line in the user.conf.

Cheers,

Terry Pelley
Network Analyst
Business and Learning Technologies