simultaneous login

Tue Sep 25 09:58:08 CEST 2007

Hi all!

I have a problem with simultaneous login:

I already described the problem and got following solution:

---------------------------------

Michael Ziemann wrote:

> > I have a problem with simultaneous login.
> > The user connects to the RADIUS Server, then the user appears in the
> > MySQL-DB in the table radacct. But if the user disconnect, the user
> > doesn't disappear in the table.

  The NAS isn't sending accounting STOP messages.  Fix it.

> > If I remove the entry by myself, the user can connect again.

  See also "man radzap"

> > In the table radreply i added an Idle-Timeout in the Attribut field with
> > the value 5 and op = .
> > I added also Idle-Timeout to radgroupreply to the group of user with the
> > value 5.

  FreeRADIUS doesn't enforce Idle-Timeout, or Session-Timeout.  Only the
NAS does.

  Alan DeKok.

---------------------------------

The NAS is sending accounting STOP messages. I splitted raddact into
radacct_start and radacct_stop.

In the table raddact_start, i have an entry with the ACCtStartTime time
(2007-09-25 08:30:03), but no ACCtStopTime (0000-00-00 00:00:00).
When I disconnect, freeradius writes the ACCtStopTime to the table
raddact_stop. So, in the table radacct_stop I have the  ACCtStartTime
(2007-09-25 08:30:03) and the ACCtStopTime (2007-09-25 08:40:53). (The
NAS must send a STOP message.)

The User can connect again, when I delete the entry in radacct_start
with the ACCtStopTime (0000-00-00 00:00:00).

There are no right-problems, because the freeradius connects to the
MySQL-DB with the User root (and of course the right pwd) with the
rights "ALL PRIVILEGES".

Thanks for the good support (especially to Alan).

regards

Michael