Special Character Password Authentication

Aren Chua cclian18 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 26 08:16:22 CEST 2007

Greeting to All,

I have some problem on special character when authenticating on radius.
my special character here means 'space' character.

The sinario is like this:
When I type in this username and password for authentication
User-Name:  abc123
User-Password: Aa;:/? ',<.>"       (note the blank space after the "?")

my radius server received the username and password as this:

User-Name: abc123User-Password: Aa;:/?_',<.>"

the 'space' character become this '_' character

Any idea about this issue?

Regards,
Aren Chua