Accounting Packets

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Sep 27 21:00:01 CEST 2007

Hi,

> Hi all,
>

> I'm running FreeRADIUS Version 1.1.3, I need to configure freeradius for ONLY receiving radius accounting packets and saving these on a file and if possible saving the information in a database using postgresql.
> Can any anyone give me an overview of what i need to do/configure ?

i'd firstly advise that you update to 1.1.7.

but for just accounting. well, if you want to try writing (INSERT/UPDATE)
to the DB whilst receiving accouting packets, then simply configure the sql
module - sql.conf and edit radiusd.conf to use sql in the accouting packets.

if you want to do 'best effort, non live updated' then use the rlm_log_sql
module - which will output the update/insert commands to a file - you can then
use radsqlrelay to throw those entries into an SQL database. the man
page is very useful. this also means the radius rpocess isnt locked to the DB
so you can handle more live packets.

to ONLY receive accouting just change the listen directive in radiusd.conf

alan