Not everything is getting logged via Radius - very odd

Patrick M. patrickm at garlic.com
Sat Sep 29 02:26:15 CEST 2007

Hi all,

First time poster here - go easy on me :)

We use freeradius for our O1 dialup customers, as well as our SuperNews
customers.  Our freeradius server authenticates via LDAP.  We had a
customer come in today mentioning they could not log in to their dialup
account, so I went to the logs and did some testing.  I tried logging in
with his username and I received the invalid login.  So I then tried
another username, and was able to authenticate just fine, however I did
not see anything in the logs to indicate a successful or unsuccessful login.

I am running freeradius 1.0.1-3.RHEL4.5 on CentOS 4.5.

I'm not sure what will be useful to provide you, since freeradius has so
many configs.  Please excuse me as radius is still a bit greek to me.

Please let me know what will help you help me troubleshoot, and I will
be more than happy to provide.

Thanks in advance!

Patrick