Failed obtain IP address after authenticated using EAP-MD5

Chiu Luk cluk76 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 22:20:27 CEST 2007

After the supplicant authenticated successfully from the FreeRadius server, my notebook fails to obtain an IP address from the Access Point (router) and end up getting a 169.254.198.216 IP address.

here is my setup :
Supplicant = WIRE1x ( a windows port of Open 1x )
Authenticator = D-Link DIR-655 Router
Authentication Server = FreeRadius

the setup diagram of 3 components
http://www.oniva.com/upload/1356/diagram.jpg

capture of EAP-MD5 protcol successfully get authenticated
http://www.oniva.com/upload/1356/success.jpg

but after a while, the notebook fails to obtain an IP from the D-link wireless router and end up getting 169.254.198.216 IP address.

the setup of 802.1x inside D-link wireless router is like the following
http://www.oniva.com/upload/1356/dlink.jpg

so is there anything is missing on the setup so my notebook cannot get IP address from Dlink wireless router after authenticated successfully?

Thank you!