Failed obtain IP address after authenticated using EAP-MD5

Chiu Luk cluk76 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 29 08:31:22 CEST 2007

But I already enabled DHCP in my wireless router (DLink DIR-655).

After the supplicant authenticated successfully from the FreeRadius server, my notebook fails to obtain an IP address from the Access Point (router) and end up getting a 169.254.198.216 IP address.

capture of EAP-MD5 protcol successfully get authenticated
http://www.oniva.com/upload/1356/success.jpg

the setup of 802.1x inside D-link wireless router is like the following
http://www.oniva.com/upload/1356/dlink.jpg

setup of router using DHCP is like the following
http://www.oniva.com/upload/1356/dhcp.jpg

Anyone have any ideas why my notebook cannot obtain an IP address from wireless router?

Thank you.
       if( self == top ) {  Nabble.writeReturnToLink(   'Return to thread'  ); } else if( Nabble.prev )  Nabble.writeReturnToLink(Nabble.prev);

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:   If you're using EAP, IP addresses are assigned through DHCP.  This has
nothing to do with FreeRADIUS.

  Go fix your access point to do DHCP properly.

  Alan DeKok.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html