Ascend-Data-Filter with srcip from ippool

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 1 07:45:56 CEST 2008

Andreas Kalb (akalb) wrote:
> I'm unfortunately still not getting it to work anymore after upgrade to 2.0.3.
>
> I added the following to sites-available/default at top of document:
>
> server bb-10k {

  I'm not sure why.  As the documentation suggests, starting with the
default configuration is the best idea.

>   accounting {
>   post-auth {

  And no "authorize" or "authenticate" section.

>   ippool test_pool {
>     range-start = 172.16.100.1

  Module configurations belong in the "modules" section of radiusd.conf.
 They do NOT go in a server section.

> and then get:
> /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[70]: Failed to find module "test_pool".
> /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[66]: Errors parsing accounting section.
>
> So now I wonder how to specify the ippool section there.

  You don't.

  Again, start with the default configuration.  Add ONE module:
test_pool.  Configure it, and get it to assign IP addresses.  Then, once
that works, configure the ascend filter attributes AFTER the "test_pool"
module has been run in the "post-auth" section.