RPM Build Errors

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Apr 6 13:14:47 CEST 2008

Hi,

> I am attempting an rpmbuild of freeradius due to the version included in
> Centos (1.14)-  We are experiencing issues with windows vista, and read
> something in an earlier post regarding such a bug that 1.17 and later
> will fix.

the package is suffering from split personalities. it doesnt know
if its 'freeradius' or 'freeradius-server'.

i would advise the simple action (unless you want to trawl
the SPEC)

download freeradius-server-2.0.3.tar.gz
extract it, move the directory to just 'freeradius-2.0.3'
then tar back up into freeradius-2.0.3.tar.gz
then edit the freeradius-spec file and at the near top,
change the line that says Name: freeradius-server to
just Name: freeradius

it should then work.

alan