Fwd: EAP Authentication

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Mon Apr 7 14:03:26 CEST 2008

>I want to authenticate users through using EAP authentication. I managed to
>generate the client and root certs from Free Radius.
>
>I have installed the client sert in my notebook. and managed to get
>authenticated via AP to Radius.
>
>But i cant seem to find them in the Free Radius accounting database.

Does the debug show accounting packets. If not, portal is not sending
them.

>There is no log event in the database. I want them to be authenticated in
>the radcheck table so that i can set bandwidth to them.

No need. sql is a database - it doesn't do authentication, just stores
data. Set the bandwidth in radreply table and leave certificate
authentication as it is.

>Would it be possible to also have monowall users to log into the captive
>portal at the same time with EAP turned on in Free Radius.
>
>I want private users to authenticate via certs and also go through captive
>portal.
>
>If i enable EAP TLS then users cant login using the captive portal login
>page.

That's the whole idea. Portal captures users that are *not*
authenticated. It does not capture them after authentication.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP