Stale Sessions

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Apr 10 18:24:07 CEST 2008

Shane McKinley wrote:
> No one has any ideas or suggestions? If I can solve this issue I will
> have a 'perfect' freeradius installation. And FYI I upgraded my server
> to a dual core 2BG of RAM and still the same issue resides.

If the radius server doesn't receive the packets, it doesn't matter how
fast it is.

Most people will:

  1. enable interim accounting with an interim interval of e.g. 1/2 hour
  2. delete sessions where "now - (starttime + sessiontime) > 2 hours"

The former you can usually achieve by adding the Acct-Interim-Interval
to your Access-Accept. The latter is database-specific and you'll need
to come up with the SQL yourself.