proxy requests dependent on length of password

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Apr 11 10:43:43 CEST 2008

Hi,
> Hello everyone,
> i want to use freeradius as a proxy for other radius-systems.
>
> In my environment, i have two backend radius systems for the authentication of the users.
>
> the freeradiusserver must decide which packets he will send to which system. the only difference between the packets is the length of the password.
>
> for example:
>
> radiussystem A gets all the packets with passwords that are 6 characters long
> radiussystem B gets all the packets with passwords that are 12 characters long
>
> Is this possible to realise with freeradius? If yes, how can i do that? I read about the proxy.conf that this works with realms, but i don't have any realms... is there another solution?

unlang or perl could do the length of password checking.  once you check
the length you set logically the current request using the 'update'
method as described for those other cases you've seen - ie you have
virtual realms that the end user doesnt enter themselves. then
in proxy.conf you simply say where those realms go to. and 'strip'
to ensure no wierd realm stuff might appear.

alan