RFC 3576 support

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Fri Apr 11 11:46:25 CEST 2008

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>
>> FreeRADIUS does not currently support 3575, it's on the development
>> roadmap. When support is added to the server core it will only be for
>> *proxying* CoA messages not generating them. You can generate your own
>> CoA messages using the radius client bundled with the server distribution.
>>

>   I think it's possible to do both.  A goal of the project is to do
> almost everything RADIUS related.  So generating && proxying CoA are
> both on the roadmap.

Ok just the asynchronous nature of CoA requests...  It's not really the
servers job to process feedback from the various SNMP probes, IDS's , or
track changes in the authorisation of users or their equipment.

I guess I can see very few usage cases for CoA where the server will
actually make the decision to send a CoA request on it's own, so why not
just use the client or client libraries ?

How were you thinking of triggering CoA events? Didn't you say there
were issues with an instance of the server being both a CoA proxy and a
CoA generator ?
>   If someone is interested in it, there's always the possibility of
> accelerating the time frame...

Have to wait for vendor support *grumble*.

Let me know when you get your trapeze kit so we can compare notes :)

--
Arran Cudbard-Bell (A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk)
Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting Officer