Dead Proxy Detection?

Lemaster, Rob rlemaste at covad.com
Mon Apr 14 03:11:55 CEST 2008

I revewed raddb/sites-available/default and found Post-Proxy "fail"; Post-Proxy-Type Fail {detail}
This appears to be to write Accounting logs locally if the remote proxy is down.

I'm not clear if this will be enabled if only ONE of the remote proxies are down, or if ALL proxies are down. It would go through normal round-robin and then only turn on if ALL proxies are down, correct?

I would like to configure a Post-Proxy type action to take if ALL of a Realm's remote proxies are down. To be specific, I'd like to configure a realm to send access-accepts to all requests for that realm if ALL the remote proxies for that realm are unavailable, until they become available again. Can this be done here? If so, can you give me a syntax example? I could not find that in default, example, or README.

Thanks!

Lemaster, Rob wrote:

> Can FreeRADIUS automatically set all subcribers to "authenticate all" if all proxies are unavailable, and then authenticate normally automatically after the proxies come back online?

  Yes.  See raddb/sites-available/default.  Look for Post-Proxy "fail".
You can have actions triggered when no home server is available.