LDAP module problem in 2.0.3

Jason Alderfer jha2 at emu.edu
Mon Apr 14 23:18:42 CEST 2008

> Jason Alderfer wrote:

>> I'm testing upgrading to 2.0.3 from 1.1.7 and it appears that the LDAP
>> module in 2.0.3 is not setting the Ldap-UserDn in a way that is
>> available
>> for further analysis.
>
>   It's now in the "control" item list.  This should be better
> documented...

But the function ldap_postauth in rlm_ldap.c still looks for Ldap-UserDn
in request->packet->vps.  Should I patch it to look in the new
location?  Or will it even exist in the control items in post auth?

vp_fdn = pairfind(request->packet->vps, da->attr);
if (vp_fdn == NULL) {
        DEBUG("rlm_ldap: User's FQDN not in config items list.");
        return RLM_MODULE_FAIL;
}

Also, I can see on the unlang man page how to update an item on the
control list, but I'm not clear how to test one.  What should I change in
the unlang below?

if (Ldap-UserDn =~ /ou=is,ou=n,o=emu/i) {
        update reply {
                Tunnel-Type := "VLAN"
                Tunnel-Medium-Type := "IEEE-802"
                Tunnel-Private-Group-Id := 3