Virtual-Server attribute matching in users file.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 15 08:47:48 CEST 2008

Matthew Schumacher wrote:
> I see that there is a Virtual-Server internal attribute so I thought I
> could do something like this:
>
> DEFAULT Virtual-Server == 'dsl'
> DEFAULT Virtual-Server == 'dialup'

  Why?  The whole point of virtual servers is that you shouldn't have to
do such comparisons.

  It looks like you're pointing *multiple* virtual servers at the same
"users" file.  Don't do that...

  modules {
	files dsl_files {
		usersfile = ...dsl_users
	files dialup_files {
		usersfile = ...dialup_users

> However it's not working.  I can see in the debug that it is using the
> 'dsl' server but I'm not getting any of the attributes.  I can set it to
> use User-Name == 'validuser' and it matches and returns attributes just
> fine so I'm not thinking it's my config.

  Fix the config as above, and then post full debug.  Please.

> Also, I'm noticing that the server returns attributes even when the
> access request is rejected.  Anyone know why that is?

  Because that's what you've configured.  See attr_filter.access_reject
for a module that filters the contents of Access-Reject.