rlm_detail and the processing of logs into SQL

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Apr 15 22:58:53 CEST 2008

hi,

we're using the detail method to put accounting packets
into a file and then using the buffered-sql virtual server
to then poll that file and periodically put it into
a postgres database. however, we are hitting this little
nastiness

rlm_sql (sql) in sql_accounting: stop packet with zero session length.

our NAS is sending a stop packet with a zero session length
to the RADIUS server. at this point, the server gets stuck
on this one and spends all its time complaining about
this packet - this fills up the radiusd log very quickly
(gigabytes of logs within hours) and the detail file is no
longer processed.

how can this be trivially tweaked so that this doesnt happen?
in the database, acctsessiontime  field is a bigint and is not
enforced to be not null.

alan