OT: EAP-TTLS - Problem with securew2 and Vista

Sergio Belkin sebelk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 14:18:55 CEST 2008

Hi,
Sorry for the Off Topic, I know that I can ask in securew2 forums, but
I bet that many of you as radius administrators with Windows clients
are using EAP-TTLS with PAP. So, you are using securew2.
*** Securew2 works fine with Windows XP. ***
Sadly, newers laptops are shipped with a crappy system called Windows
Vista. It happens that many laptops with Vista due a unknown reason
(at least for me) prevents that securew2 appears, so users can't
authenticate. Perhaps, many of you had faced this problem and solved
it, if it's the case, please could you say me how? Perhaps you found
another tool...

I am using encrypted password in LDAP and it seems that have no chance
to use someting different as EAP-TTLS with PAP.

I'd thank your help.

Thanks in advance.
Open Kairos http://www.openkairos.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com