Timeouts

Nicolas Goutte nicolas.goutte at extragroup.de
Fri Apr 18 17:32:47 CEST 2008

Am 18.04.2008 um 17:17 schrieb Ben Wiechman:

> What are some techniques you all use to try and track down auth
> timeouts?
>
> Is it normal to see some small percentage of auth timeouts on a
> typical NAS,
> even if the radius server isn't all that heavily loaded? I am
> seeing around
> 2% timeout on my secondary server that is running radius only. This is
> strange to me however as my primary server has nearly no timeouts
> with the
> same config, same hardware, same OS, same network path.
>
> Any tips on tracking down where the issue might be?

Just a wild guess: could it be that the server is in some power
saving mode and therefore needs too much time either to process the
request or to wake-up fully before processing the request?

> Ben Wiechman

Have a nice day!

Nicolas Goutte

extragroup GmbH - Karlsruhe
Waldstr. 49
76133 Karlsruhe
Germany

Geschäftsführer: Stephan Mönninghoff, Hans Martin Kern, Tilman Haerdle
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Münster / HRB: 5624
Steuer Nr.: 337/5903/0421 / UstID: DE 204607841