the newbie on radiustesting strikes again

Si St sigbj-st at operamail.com
Sat Apr 19 15:21:41 CEST 2008

A: to internett via the router for example
What service is router controlling?
A:The traffic through the DSL-modem (You mean to say: "Which service is the router controlling" or "Which service is routercontrolling" i.e. controlling the router?)

> - your router is most likely the only (radius) client on your network.
> User machines should be removed from clients.conf.
A:Remove all user machines
Thus only one machine, the router, is to be defined as client
client 192.168.0.1 {
        secret          = testing123
        shortname       = asus-TL
        nastype         = other
# DLINK 635 Router
}

> - don't use Auth-Type and User-Password. Read instructions in users
> file. Documentation you got these entries from is years out of date.
A: FreeRADIUS Version 1.0.4. - And this is a tricky part.
If no Auth-Type and User-Password, should I apply Fall-Through instead
to have a DEFAULT running?