gdm and radius accounting

sub fitzkarraldo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 20:40:00 CEST 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 8:05 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
> sub wrote:
>
>  > it's ok but what I really need is accounting because I can't wait for
>  > the user action to save informations in the db.
>
>   This sentence makes no sense.
>
>   You want... some kind of accounting which is independent of user login
>  and logout?  What kind of magic accounting is that?

Alan,
what I was expecting (but I'm not an expert, it's possible that it's
not a radius feature and I misunderstood it) is that the client
periodically sends accounting-request packets ("I'm alive!") to the
server and so the server updates the sql db.
I don't want something magic but if the users enters and he has only
one more minute for his daily session, he we'll be able to be logged
if he doesn't logoff by hand.

(...)

>   Or maybe you're thinking of something else other than accounting?
>   Alan DeKok.

maybe I misundersood how radius accounting works...

thanks for your help,
sub