NAS with dynamic IP

Jack Murgia jackmurgia at hubbadubba.com
Mon Apr 21 05:39:44 CEST 2008

Alex,

Is there a command I can run periodically that would flush the dns cache?

I use the proxy.conf file rather than clients.conf to register my NAS
devices. The only problem with NAS devices on PPOE ADSL links is that a
restart of Freeradius server is required in order to pick up the new IP
address from DYNDNS.org.

Would this problem be solved by a rlm_nsupdate module (scheduled for future
release)? I would be willing to donate to the creation of this module.

Jack Murgia

on 2/26/08 2:31 AM, freeradius-users-request at lists.freeradius.org at