Juniper ERX dictionary

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Mon Apr 21 21:25:33 CEST 2008

Giovanni Lovato <giovanni.lovato at aldu.net> writes:

> We need to use a dictionary for JunOS 8.2,

JUNOS and JUNOSe are two very different things.  Both can use radius
however.  Based on the subject and link you posted, I assume you're
talking about JUNOSe 8.2.

> but the syntax seems to be
> non-standard and FreeRADIUS can't recognize it:
> http://pastebin.com/m6916d351

That's not a FreeRADIUS dictionary.  There is no standard.

> How can I translate that dictionary or make FreeRADIUS recognize it?

Do you need to use any attributes not already defined in the
dictionary.erx coming with FreeRADIUS?  If so, add it and provide a bug
report with a patch.  The syntax should be pretty self-explanatory.
There's also a dictionary(5) man page in FreeRADIUS.

See also
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/erx/junose90/swconfig-broadband/html/radius-attributes3.html
(no logi necessary)

Bjørn