EAP SSL certificates - how to?

matthew zeier mrz at mozilla.com
Tue Apr 22 18:08:27 CEST 2008

I'm having problems figuring out how to create an SSL certificate for
WPA Enterprise authentication.

Self-signed ones cause "unknown root" errors on OS X clients which I'd
expect.  I took a GeoTrust certificate off a webserver and now get
"unknown trust" errors.

I'm looking for something that doesn't require end-user interaction.

I generated a test certificate using the bootstrap script in the src
dist.  The server.crt appears to have the same x509 fields GeoTrust has
(GeoTrust has more) so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I'm also entirely unclear what he CN should be.

Any pointers?

--
matthew zeier | Network Engineer | Mozilla Corp. | (650)903-0800 x219