MAC Authentication and

Alexey Eronko alexey.eronko at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 13:55:38 CEST 2008

Hello All,

                I'm setupping my corporate wifi with freeradius as RADIUS
server. I want to implement WEP network with  MAC Authentication thought
freeradius. I have three access point and I want to store mac database in
text file.

                Here is an example:

00-22-de-4e-8f-1d       Auth-Type:=Local, User-Password == "secret1"

                Here is my MAC request:

Packet-Type = Access-Request

Thu Apr 24 11:42:49 2008

        User-Name = "00-1c-26-20-9c-00"

        User-Password = "secret1"

        NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.11.1

        Called-Station-Id = "00-20-a6-87-86-09:WEP"

        Calling-Station-Id = "00-1c-26-20-9c-00;WEP"

        NAS-Port = 2

        NAS-Port-Type = Wireless-802.11

        Client-IP-Address = 192.168.11.1

The user-password field takes from radius clients(ap) configuration of
freeradius. The problem is that I have different radius access password for
three access points. I want to have one list for all AP.

Is the way to  setup _one_  radius password for all AP only one?

Another interesting point is: do I right understand that I need to  restart
freeradius every time when I correct users file? Is is complicated for me,
what is other way? Maybe store MAC's in LDAP or SQL database?

Thanks

Alexey