a newbie testing freeradius need help

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 25 13:59:02 CEST 2008

jreubens wrote:
> I installed new version of openssl and built the radius with the following
> command
> ./configure --with-openssl-includes=/usr/local/include/openssl \
> --with-openssl-libraries=/usr/local/lib \

  Did it *find* the OpenSSL includes and libraries?  The output of the
"configure" process will tell you this.

> the radtest and the radeapclient test was through, i thought to test with
> the eapol_test, i have the following error (same error), any help will be
> appreciated.
>
> Note: i have the development headers at /usr/local/include/openssl, the lib
> files at /usr/local/lib and the bin files at /usr/local/bin and finally the
> conf files at /usr/local/openssl.
> rlm_eap: Ignoring EAP-Type/tls because we do not have OpenSSL support. // I
> DONT UNDERSTAND THIS LINE

  What part is unclear?  The server was not built with OpenSSL support.

  Exactly *why* this happened is a question for the "configure" script.
 See the output of "configure", and the "config.log" file.

  Maybe there's something wrong with your OpenSSL installation.

  Does your OS have a pre-packaged version of OpenSSL?

> i generated the test certificates as mentioned in the README doc in certs
> folder. i havnt changed anything in eap.conf except the ceritificates path,
> as you might have noticed i installed the freeradius in /usr/local/radius.
> and i deleted the make_cert_command. Thats all i did.

  What OS are you using?  Why is it impossible to use a version of
OpenSSL that comes with the OS?