Radius-based windows authentication

Mike Perdide mike.perdide at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 16:18:15 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm working on VLAN assignement with FreeRadius, with windows XP users.
The FreeRadius server is using openLdap, and works overs EAP-TTLS.

The goal of my work is for the users to be on different Vlans depending on
their status.

The radius part is working fine, since the switch sets the right vlan when the
user gives his login and password.

My question was : is it possible to authenticate via radius at the windows
login screen ?

For now, it is using the samba database, but if I want to set up a dynamic
vlan assignement, the network needs to be up before the samba partitions are
mounted.

Thanks !