radius user-password on the wire

Riccardo Veraldi Riccardo.Veraldi at cnaf.infn.it
Tue Apr 29 14:54:04 CEST 2008

Hello,
I used wireshark to sniff communication between my radisu server and
the user-password attribute is encrypted

0000   3e ca 2d b0 97 2b b3 f9 0c e9 fc e7 e0 ed e9 fd

to test if this is strong enough I wanted to ask if there is a way to
decrypt
this user-password attribute since my radisu server is doign proxy to
other radius server.

actually my radius server is authenticating a WiFi captive portal
and is prosying requests upon username at domainname

user attributes are stripped from domain and sent to proper radius server

my question is  how much is risky to have user-passsword attribute
travellign across
the network ? is the encryption applyed to the user-password strong enough ?

thanks

Rick