GPRS project with dynamic IP configuration

Didier Wintgens dwintgens at yahoo.fr
Wed Apr 30 11:17:25 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,

I use FreeRadius since 3 years to manage GPRS connections with a static IP configuration. Each account has a Framed-IP-Address attritube in the Radius radreply table to specify his static IP address (I use MySQL as database and that's work fine).

In the future, I need to be able to work with a dynamic IP configuration with an another GSM/GPRS operator. In this case, two GGSN are in charge to allocate  dynamically the IP adress from two differents pools (not overlapped) managed by the GGSN.

For my software application, I need to known permanently the last IP adress allocated to each SIM card (identified by his MSISDN number). After each authentication, the GGSN must send a accounting request to the Radius server (with a Framed-Address attribute containing the address IP really allocated).

My question is the following :

Does FreeRadius really use the attribute Framed-Address provided by the accounting request to trace the informations in the raddacct table ?

I search a documentation or a experience which could confirm this functionality.

Thanks in advance.

Didier.

http://mail.yahoo.fr Yahoo! Mail