Configuration trouble with fail-over

Guillaume Rousse Guillaume.Rousse at inria.fr
Wed Apr 30 11:30:24 CEST 2008

Alan DeKok a écrit :
> Guillaume Rousse wrote:
>> It is not documented in the rlm_ldap file shipped in top-level directory
>> (at least for release 2.0.0). The fact that there is a huge redundancy
>> between this file and comments in default configuration files doesn't
>> help maintaining a reference documentation.
>
>   The configuration files are up-to-date.  Other documentation files may
> not be.
>
>   As always, we welcome patches to help fix code or documentation.
Here is a trivial one.

>>> ... if you have suggestions for how to make
>>> that determination, I'm interested.
>> No, especially as I got no clue about freeradius internals.
>
>   There's no need to understand the internals.  All you need to do is
> understand the configuration, and to come up with some simple logic for
> the "right" thing to do.
What's wrong with just looking recursively for the name under which the
module has been instanciated in the authorization section, without
interpreting fail-over behaviour at all ?

>   The problem is a common one in computer science: write a program that
> "understands" what another program is doing.  This problem is generally
> known to be impossible.
Here the communication occurs between the main program, and one of its
module, the relationship is a bit tighter.
--
Guillaume Rousse
Moyens Informatiques - INRIA Futurs