Vista Issue

nf-vale nf-vale at critical-links.com
Fri Aug 1 19:46:24 CEST 2008

Sex, 2008-08-01 às 17:12 +0100, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> > Do you have any news on the Vista EAP issue?
>
> ?   we use Vista against 1.1.7 -> 2.0.5 without issue.
> before 1.1.4 we had problems due to a new PEAP issue
> (padding of the SSL) but 1.1.4 fixed that.
>
> what version of OpenSSL do you have on your system?

OpenSSL 0.9.7m

Using the WIRE1X supplicant we've no problem authenticating. The problem
is with the Vista native supplicant (and also with the secureW2).

Today we were able to authenticate with one of our Vista laptops which
differ from the rest in to aspects:

1) Vista (Business) is English version the remaining are (Business)
Portuguese.

2) This working Vista is an IBM Laptop and uses an IBM "supplicant
wrapper" instead of the normal Vista supplicant.

Nelson Vale