simultaneous-use check via sql

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 5 11:37:03 CEST 2008

Oguzhan Kayhan wrote:
> I am trying to run Simultaneous-Use parameter on freeradius 2.0.5 which i
> have 2 virtual servers on.
>
> There can be same usernames on both virtual servers, so im not sure about
> how it works but i prefer to use sql instead of radutmp file for
> simultaneous check.

  The same username will be treated as the same user... unless you
update the SQL schema && queries to make them different.  e.g. keying
off of virtual server, too.

> Anyway,
> I added the following lines to users file as it is said
> /usr/share/doc/freeradius/Simultaneous-Use file.
>
> DEFAULT Simultaneous-Use := 0

  This won't work.  It's pointless.

>           Fall-Through = 1
> I made the value 0 for testing purposes..

  Why?  Why not "1", as documented?  Setting it to "0" is a waste of time.

> And I also wonder where did the Simul.Use queries in sql.conf in 1.1.7
> version dissapeared?

  No.  Go READ sql.conf.  The queries got moved to another file.  See
the bottom few lines.  This is documented...