simultaneous-use check via sql

Oguzhan Kayhan oguzhank at bilkent.edu.tr
Tue Aug 5 12:56:56 CEST 2008

> Oguzhan Kayhan wrote:
>> I am trying to run Simultaneous-Use parameter on freeradius 2.0.5 which
>> have 2 virtual servers on.
>>
>> There can be same usernames on both virtual servers, so im not sure
>> about
>> how it works but i prefer to use sql instead of radutmp file for
>> simultaneous check.
>
>   The same username will be treated as the same user... unless you
> update the SQL schema && queries to make them different.  e.g. keying
> off of virtual server, too.

Different virtual servers using different sql databases, so it wont be a
problem to use same username i think (or am i wrong?)

>> Anyway,
>> I added the following lines to users file as it is said
>> /usr/share/doc/freeradius/Simultaneous-Use file.
>>
>> DEFAULT Simultaneous-Use := 0
>
>   This won't work.  It's pointless.

In 1.1.7 version to test the sim-use i was using this setting so without
loggin in i was able to test simultaneous-use with radtest command.(ıt
gives ou already logged in message as expected even in a single
connection)

If i make it 1, i need to login permanently from a client, then i need to
test.

>>           Fall-Through = 1
>> I made the value 0 for testing purposes..
>
>   Why?  Why not "1", as documented?  Setting it to "0" is a waste of time.
>
>> And I also wonder where did the Simul.Use queries in sql.conf in 1.1.7
>> version dissapeared?
>
>   No.  Go READ sql.conf.  The queries got moved to another file.  See
> the bottom few lines.  This is documented...

Ok i will check it..