Possible bug in shipped configuration file.

Maurizio Cimaschi mauri at unixrulez.org
Tue Aug 12 09:09:25 CEST 2008

Hi,
	I don't know if this has been reported/discussed before, but it
happened to me last week. I was trying to setup a freeradius (2.0.5) to
authenticate requests from my access point (using WPA Enterprise)
aganist an LDAP server. It was working fine using the "radclient", but
the requests from the AP were buonced claiming that no authentication
metod was set. I checked the configuration file more than once, googled
a lot but was unable to solve. After almost a day of trying, I noticed a
line in the debug (radiusd -X) that said something about proxying. So I
remembered to have seen a statement in the "inner-server" configuration:

         #update control {
         #       Proxy-To-Realm := LOCAL
         #}

In the configuration file installed by the installation procedure that
part was uncommented; adding the comments was enough to make the server
work.

I'm not an expert in this application and I don't know why that part was
uncommented, but, may I suggest to uncomment that part in the
configuration file ?

		Thank you for your great work. Bye.