Possible bug in shipped configuration file.

Maurizio Cimaschi mauri at unixrulez.org
Wed Aug 13 20:56:34 CEST 2008

Alan DeKok wrote:
>   Please read the comments before that entry in the configuration file.
>  The only way this breaks the server is if you are proxying the inner
> tunnel authentication.

I read that comment. And I did not understand it. I don't even know how
to "proxying the inner tunnel authentication". Since my inexperience
with the tool, I was (and am) relaying on the default configuration with
   the least possible change (and since I'm just playing with the AP in
my home, that can be enought for now).

In radiusd.conf I have:

proxy_requests  = no
#$INCLUDE proxy.conf

(note that the above comments say that proxying is "on" by default)

If I comment the lines in "inner-tunnel" it works. If they are
uncommented it is unable to authenticate users.

Am I missing something ?