Freeradius in an AD environment on opensuse server

Murray, Elizabeth [DNR] Elizabeth.Murray at dnr.iowa.gov
Wed Aug 13 23:32:29 CEST 2008

I've been struggling with this for months.  I found a doc HOW TO on the opensuse website.  It says I have to use Samba in order to have the users authenticate.  For some reason every time I get that thing configured, it works for a few days then...it's gone.

I cover a large geographic area and have not been able to focus on this until today and tomorrow.  SO any help would be appreciated.

We've moved from a Novell eDirectory solution to . . . . Active Directory.

Can I set up freeradius to authenticate with ldaps and be secure?  The ldap would be Microsoft and is on my domain controller.   I have websites using the ldap process but OR do I have to do that samba thing?

I would really be grateful for any help you could give me.  I now have the radius server back to it's original configuration....clean.  So I'm ready to do your bidding.

Liz M