2.0.5 on Solaris with openssl 0.9.8h

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 14 09:14:29 CEST 2008

Rafiqul Ahsan wrote:
> I tried to install the openssl from Sunware, but it installs at
> /usr/local/ssl directory. Somehow (could not figure out how) the
> freeradius build process linking with the Solaris prebuilt openssl
> library at /usr/sfw..

  Because that's what the linker on Solaris does.  Go read it's
documentation to see how to configure it to do what you want.  This
isn't a FreeRADIUS question.

> I would like to change configuration the linker to prefer one version
> (0.9.8)over the other (0.9.7 is prebuilt comes with Solaris).. also to
> include references to prefer one over other...But I don;t know where
> to change.I looked at Configure, Makefile....but cannot seem to find
> where it was configured that. Can you please help ?

  Maybe the Solaris linker documentation will help?

  Heck, if you're building as root, just do "chmod a-rwx /usr/sfw",
build FreeRADIUS, and then do "chmod a+rx /usr/sqf".  That should solve
it.  i.e. This is pretty much a Unix 101 question...