Authentication seems to work, only it doesn't actually (EAP-TTLS)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 14 15:59:10 CEST 2008

Pat Riehecky wrote:
> My long term goal is EAP-TTLS + PAP with FreeRadius 2.0 and LDAP

  That should be easy enough.

> That being said I have taken one of my existing, working with FreeRadius
> 1.1.5, access points and pointed it at my test radius server.

  Why?   Why not just test everything from the command-line?  See my web
site for examples of testing EAP (http://deployingradius.com).

> When I try and connect the agent sends dozens of requests that the debug
> log seems very happy with "Login OK: [prieheck] (from client...."
> However, that seems to be the extent of it.  The login's are approved,
> but it doesn't seem like anyone is getting informed.

  I have no idea what that means.
> Sending Access-Accept of id 222 to 10.4.6.7 port 1645

  Well, that looks like it's working.

> I would happily share any of my other config lines, but don't know what
> you would want to see and don't want to flood you with too much data....

  Perhaps you could explain what's going wrong.  Saying "no one is
getting informed" makes no sense.