Freeradius in an AD environment on opensuse server

Maurizio Cimaschi mauri at unixrulez.org
Thu Aug 14 19:46:31 CEST 2008

Murray, Elizabeth [DNR] wrote:
> Thanks.   Glad I didn't get this last night or I wouldn't have slept!!!

I'm happy not do have disrupted you sleep ;-)

> I will have multiple access points spread across a large geographic area that will authenticate to a series of Radius servers located in the internal network.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.  I've got most of this in my head so I need to do some writing.  I'm here for 2 days then vacation.  I almost don't want to go because this has been such a frustrating task for me.
> Thanks again.  Any more ideas would be appreciated.

Just one consideration. Do your IT envirnonment have to be resilient to
a loss of a server or WAN line ? If not I would not bother to have more
than one radius server; if yes you should already have in place backup
domain controllers, so I'd map a radius server for every backup domain
controller.