2.0.5 on Solaris with openssl 0.9.8h [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Ranner, Frank MR Frank.Ranner at defence.gov.au
Mon Aug 18 03:11:23 CEST 2008

UNCLASSIFIED

eradius.org [mailto:freeradius-users->
bounces+frank.ranner=defence.gov.au at lists.freeradius.org] On
> Behalf Of Rafiqul Ahsan
> Sent: Monday, 18 August 2008 07:21
> To: FreeRadius users mailing list
> Subject: Re: 2.0.5 on Solaris with openssl 0.9.8h
>
> I believe I specified the path using -Rpath, and Solaris Linker
> searches this specified path for so libraris at run time. But still it
> is linking with /usr/swf/lib.. Did not find any other info on how we
> change the orders of dirs that it uses.

Use ldd -s to determine how the shared libraries are found. The bottom
line is, use LD_LIBRARY_PATH
to overide all other settings. In your startup script put:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

You can also specify system-wide library search paths using crle

[root at server radius] # crle

Configuration file [version 4]: /var/ld/ld.config
  Default Library Path (ELF):
/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/var/cfengine/lib
  Trusted Directories (ELF):    /usr/lib/secure  (system default)

Command line:
  crle -c /var/ld/ld.config -l /usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/var/cfengine/lib

Using rpath is not such a good idea as it is the last resort - crle and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH will override
it as 'ldd -s' will show.

Regards,
Frank Ranner