Crash on x64?

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Aug 18 16:13:14 CEST 2008

> I'm running it against the RHEL5 postgres 8.1 - that seems to be the
> only difference betwee your setup and mine.
>
> As Alan says, you'll need to rebuild with debugging symbols enabled
> and extract the line number under GDB.

Actually, on Fedora & RHEL you don't need to rebuild with debugging
symbols on. All packages built for Fedora & RHEL always have matching
debuginfo packages which can optionally be installed, which once
installed will give you line number information in the debugger. The
packages are still optimized, all installing the debuginfo packages does
it add symbol information in a standard location. You should be able to
install like this:

% yum install freeradius-debuginfo postgresql-debuginfo

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>