compiling freeradius with oracle support

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Aug 20 07:30:45 CEST 2008

Alexandre Chapellon wrote:
> Ok the modules compils great. and it creates rlm_sql_oracle-2.0.5.so
> (and its symlink). I copy thoose two files in /usr/lib/freeradius
> but when launching freeradius -X i get:
> freeradius: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_sql_oracle.so:
> undefined symbol: OCIEnvCreate

  And we now see the reason why the "configure" script didn't work.

> Of course I installed the Oracle instantclient. I also added
> /opt/oracle/instantclient_11_1 in ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig afterwards.

  Is the library in that directory, or in
/opt/oracle/instantclient_11_1/lib ?

  In any case, use the *same* library path here that you used in the
Makefile, as the "-L" argument,  It should then work.

> I have to say that no oracle instance is installed on the server (only
> the client libs shipped in the basic.zip file, provided by oracle) and
> so the instance freeradius is trying to connect to doesn't exist yet....
> but i doubt this should be a problem for starting freeradius.

  That's fine.  The error above is much earlier in the startup process
than the "connect to Oracle" phase.