Auth-Type := Accept - CHAP problems

Thomas Buchberger buchberger at nefonline.de
Wed Aug 20 11:56:35 CEST 2008

Hi Alan,

Alan DeKok wrote:
>   :)  It's simple... just read 1000's of lines of debugging output, and
> hordes of miscellaneous unrelated unorganized documentation files.

:-P
>> We have several different Users in user-files which works fine.
>> Now we want that the radius always answers with OK and no more "Login
>> incorrect" - but with other Options than a correct user.
>>
>> We appended in the config:
>> DEFAULT        Auth-Type := Accept

>>     users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 2
>>

>   Is that entry at line 2 of the "users" file?  If not, the server is
> matching an earlier entry, and not the one with Accept.

That's another DEFAULT entry to select between machines.
The Accept is at the end after all users.

Now we've put the Accept before the users and - Same Problem! Different
effect...
With PAP everything works - but with CHAP:
CHAP Passwords don't get checked and if the username is correct the user
gets the wrong Options.
Not really better...
Why does it work with PAP but not with CHAP? Maybe that's a bug?
Greetings
Thomas