Mikrotik as NAS with PPPoE - checkval

Santiago Balaguer García santiagoawa at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 20 14:05:58 CEST 2008

Yes, you needn't. What you need is to create a normal user account and add these attributes in radreply:
 Framed-Protocol = PPP, Framed-IP-Address = 10.0.0.x,
 Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,

Be carefull because you have to modify the ppp profiles in the Mikrotik client in the option /ppp profiles. You have to set the remote address with the PPP gateway. See the next explample where my PPP gateway is 10.200.0.10

/ppp profile set default change-tcp-mss=yes comment="" name="default" only-one=default \    remote-address=10.200.0.10 use-compression=default use-encryption=default \    use-vj-compression=default

you set the pptp/l2tp client with this profile when you insert the username/password. You needn't to add Dafault route.

If you need mor help, ask for and I will send you my manual in Spanish.
Sanitago