performance report?

Anders Holm anders.holm at sysadmin.ie
Wed Aug 20 21:52:20 CEST 2008

I still do ...

I¹ve had 10 multi core boxes hammering one server, still not enough .. You
need more clients .. ;) RADIUS as such requires very little from the server
side in terms of CPU. All it really does is compare x with y and then
respond yes or no, once you strip down all the various variants of auth
protocols. That¹s not a high requirement. I¹m confident if you use a SSL
enabled protocol, your CPU on the server is spending more time per request
doing the necessary SSL stuff than RADIUS related work ..

A pint of unspecified beverage says you¹ll need more client CPU .. I¹ll
agree with the pint ..

//anders