Auth-Type := Accept - CHAP problems

Thomas Buchberger buchberger at nefonline.de
Thu Aug 21 10:53:17 CEST 2008

Hi Alan and Ivan,

Alan DeKok wrote:
>> Config looks like this:
>>
>> DEFAULT        Auth-Type := Accept
>>
>   This completely bypasses any password checks.
>
>>     ERX-Virtual-Router-Name = "vpn:XXX",
>>     ERX-Egress-Policy-Name = "XXX",
>>     ERX-Local-Loopback-Interface = "loopback 255",
>>     Service-Type = Framed-User,
>>     Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>>     Fall-Through = Yes
>>
>> Test100 Password = "Test100"
>>
>   Use:
>
> Test100	Cleartext-Password := "Test100"

OK - now I understand...
with Cleartext-Password PAP and CHAP behave the same way...
For us the wrong way :-)
Is there a possibility so solve it with freeradius?
We want to Accept all Users but give "authenticated" (correct username
and password) users individual attributes and "non authenticated" users
(wrong username and / or password) different attributes but no "Login
incorrect".

--
Greetings
Thomas Buchberger