3Com 4500 and 5500 local login

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Aug 23 06:55:15 CEST 2008

Oxiel wrote:
> Is me again :), trying to authenticate local users to the switch through
> freeradius 2.0.5, but no success with 3Com 4500/5500.

  See the switch documentation for which attributes it needs in the
Access-Accept to give local administrator access.

>         Service-Type = Login-User

  You usually have to echo back the Service-Type in the Access-accept.

> Has anybody done this?, should i sent something else on the reply?

  As with ALL of these kinds of questions... go read the NAS
documentation.  Then, configure FreeRADIUS to send the appropriate
attributes.

  You're still trying to figure out what should be in the reply.
Reading the FreeRADIUS documentation won't help you configure the switch.